Sunday, May 27, 2007

First Light

Greetings, all.

My name is Sudeep Chakravarti. I was a tenured journalist. These days, I'm a gypsy. I live in Goa. It's gypsy HQ. I write. It's an unfettered life, such as it is.

It's been a couple of weeks since a near-death experience. I lived. The car did not. My friends chide me about reaction time, how I must begin to act my age. I tell them, to act your age is to die before your time. They don't think it's funny.

But it gives you something to do.

So here I am, avowed non-follower of trends, wearer of standard blue jeans, old watch, faithful pen, four year-old IBM notebook, doing the trend thing. A blog. Indeed.

The religious would call it a new day. I call it first light. It's beautiful. You should see how it plays on the gulmohar tree, crowned red-orange, outside my window.

I'm glad I lived, even if the car did not.

4 comments:

Cecil Pinto said...

looking forward to more. tell us about the accident.

Ramya Nageswaran said...

wow, sudeep! Did not know about the accident. Glad it was just the car that was lost..not your spirit or your perky and quirky writing style!! Looking forward to reading more

Indian Woodworker said...

Jeez, what happened man? With the car, I mean?

Mayoite said...

Very sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you are OK now. I think Chakraview is an inspired choice. Have sent you a list of puns seperately..........